From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-24 11:49:26

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Oh, I see. You are calling these ".ipp" files "inlined," but they
>> really have only non-inline functions and are not #included in any
>> header files the way, IME, .ipp files normally are (to separate
>> template implementations from their declarations).
>
> Theses are the files that contain an offline implementation, but reside
> amoung header files. *.cpp files and inlined component (like minimal.hpp)
> include these.

Oh, now I feel stupid. Of course they are used in the traditional way
in minimal.hpp.

>> No, I think I was just confused by the extensions on these files.
>> Sorry about that. You might want to consider whether there's a better
>> way to name them.
>
> I thought you were promoting to limit number of used extensions?

I am. There are only 2 other choices that don't expand it ;-)

And I was only asking you to _consider_ whether a change is
appropriate. I probably should just quit while I'm behind, though :)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting