From: Anis Benyelloul (benyelloul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-28 10:56:04

Joel de Guzman <joel <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:

> How do you plan to implement your regions? If your Points can use
> native platform points, I assume your regions can also use native
> platform regions? Or are we talking about different things?
> I'm interested on how you can make it use the Macintosh classic Region,
> for example.

Well, let me think of it.... What is a region ? A collection of (non-
overlapping ?) boxes. Now what is a collection of boxes ?
- std::vector<box>
- boost::array<box, 20>
- box ; // Note: a single box !
- XRegion ;// Maybe some pre-existing region object in other libraries

As you see, the problem is quite the same: for one abstraction (region) being
able to choose among many implementations, and just "plug" them in some
convenient wrapper class.

Actually, I haven't studied much the subject, but it doesn't seem of extrem
complexity ...
(to be continued)

--Anis Benyelloul