From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-29 14:12:17

John Maddock wrote:
>>>Agreed. How does one file a DR? On comp.std.c++?
>>
>>On comp.std.c++ or email directly to Howard Hinnant. Subject should begin
>>"Defect Report:"
>

> Note to Eric: I'm planning to be in touch about this soon, but I'm still
> reading up about how Unicode handles caseless matching at present

OK, I'll hold off on filing a DR until we have some recommendations.
FWIW, I no longer like my suggestion of adding in_range and
in_range_nocase to the traits. They are both sub-optimal. The first
makes it impossible to binary_search a sorted sparse vector of ranges,
and the second forces you to do case folding repeatedly for every [from,
to] range in the vector, instead of just once. Still thinking....

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting