From: Paul Baxter (pauljbaxter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-03 05:31:31

> I see that quite a few libraries are failing for that particular tester
> but not for other intel-win32-8_1 testers.
>
> Paul, would it be possible to upgrade to the latest Intel 8.1 revision?

I noted that I was running a release build previously but have now uploaded
a debug build that compares very closely with Stefan's latest. (minor
compile difference in graph/graphviz compilation)

Using v8.1.028 Intel.
Note that Stefan reports using v8.1.027 (not sure about Beman) so perhaps
many of those failures were release build after all. Unfortunately my
previous results had been wiped from the summary chart so I wasn't able to
compare in detail.

In terms of compiler status, if there really is an issue between debug and
release (usually bad compiler optimisations) shouldn't we:
a) clearly note in the test report we're in debug or release build (can also
be discovered by looking at the build directory name)

b) Actually test a compiler using a reasonable set of optimisations since
we're trying to report if a compiler can use Boost in actual builds, not in
a no optimisation alternative.

Paul