From: Andrey Melnikov (melnikov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-03 18:56:17

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

> I started using boost regex a few years ago after carefully comparing a number
> of C++ regex packages. It turns out I picked a pretty good one ;-) But it would
> have been a more obvious choice if there had been quotes from Meyers and
> Stroustrup on the homepage (I'm not sure I knew who Herb Sutter was back then).

What about comparing boost to competitors? There are a lot of thread
incapsulations, a lot of RegEx libraries etc. If you found a detailed
technical comparison, would you read it? From one side, when I'm looking
for a new library, I'd like to find a compact overview when several
competitors are compared. It saves a lot of time. From other side,
"feature comparison charts" are so offten used for pure marketing stuff...

Andrey