From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-04 12:30:49

I've come back from holiday to catch up on this discussion.

Since I was one of original complainants, I'd like to say:

1 Thanks for work on this - definitely improved.

2 I don't think it would hurt to offer examples for most items, mostly
Windows as they are less clued up than *nixers,
for example, suggest download to a convenient temporary location, for
example c:\temp.

3 You have wisely provided a way to work if you only want to use header
files, allow a skip to

Add the Boost root directory to the compiler's #include <...> path

But this means you need to recommend a location for unpacking boost, outside
bjam.

So add "Unpack the downloaded package to a Boost root directory, for
example, c:\boost for Win32 or /usr/local for *nix."

3 The Windows tools/options/ should mention the include (and later the
library) path dropdown,
and say if the order of includes in important (I put it first - but is that
best, or doesn't it matter?).

4 You don't mention VC8 - soon to be widely used.

5 It would be helpful to replace all reference to previous versions to
1_33.

6 The revision dates need updating.

Thanks

Paul