From: Andrey Melnikov (melnikov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-05 13:06:45

David Abrahams wrote:
> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>Rob Stewart wrote:
>>
>>>From: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>

>>>Consider avoiding the passive "it is strongly recommended." I
>>>suggest this:
>>>
>>> You should <a href="...">download a prebuilt bjam
>>> executable</a> if we have supplied one for your platform....
>>
>>Or similarly to something that changes the meaning less:
>>
>> We strongly recommend that you simply <a href="...">download a
>> [etc.]
>

> Each one is an improvement on the one before it!

----
It is strongly recommended that you simply download a
prebuilt bjam executable for your platform:
- <a>windows</a>
- <a>linux</a>
- <a>freebsd</a>
- <a>solaris</a>
- <a>Mac OS X</a>
If we haven't supplied one for your platform, you'll need to build bjam
from source as described in <a>installation guide</a> by running
build.bat or build.sh. You may also need to <a>rebuild bjam</a> if you
are using an unreleased state of the Boost sources from CVS, since the
prebuilt executable may not support all the features currently being
used by Boost.
-----
This will save a lot of time by avoiding extra lookup. Some people may
just search for build.bat and run it without looking at the doc hoping
that it will work out of the box (and in 99% of cases on Windows it
really will).
Who is actually going to check this in?
Andrey