From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-05 14:07:07

Jody Hagins wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:35:21 -0700
> "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> Of course an alternative would be for
>> <boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp> to include
>> .../shared_ptr_132.hpp but I thought people without old archives
>> would object to that - as I would personally.
>
> Sounds like a preprocessor definition should be used instead, and then
> serialization/shared_ptr.hpp can optionally include the 132 header
> file,
> if the apprpriate definition for use-132-shared-ptr exists...
>
> This effectively hides it from everyone, and only those who need it
> would make the appropriate definition...

So I presume that instead of

#include <boost/serialization/shared_ptr_132.hpp>
#include <boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp>

one would use

#define BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SHARED_PTR_132_COMPATIBILITY
#include <boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp>

Is that really an improvement?

Actually, I'm wondering about having shared_ptr_132.hpp including
shared_ptr.hpp So one would include just one or the other.

Robert Ramey