From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-24 09:31:34

John Maddock wrote:
>>I could be wrong but this seems to me that the compiler is objecting to
>>BOOST_DATE_TIME_DECL, which becomes __declspec(dllexport) because
>>BOOST_HAS_DECLSPEC is defined for the Comeau compiler.
>>
>>Needless to say many other errors along thr same lines occur in the build
>>for
>>other libraries which use __declspec(dllexport).
>

> Technically correct, however since you can't build dll's anyway with
> commeau, the change is pointless.

I assume that one can still build static libraries for Comeau on Win32. In that
case is it possible that the build process for Comeau in Win32 can be altered to
only build the static library versions of the respective libraries ?

> I believe that commeau computing hope to
> support dll's in a future release, and will very likely support
> __declspec(dllexport) when they do so.

But one can still define BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK or BOOST_XXX_DYN_LINK, even
erroneously, when building for Comeau, and this will cause compiler errors.
Perhaps it is not Boost's responsibility for a user's error in defining
BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK or BOOST_XXX_DYN_LINK but I have discovered, when building
libraries for Comeau on Win32 in Boost 1.32, two libraries which define
BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK for the dll versions of their libraries, date_time and
program_options.

So what happens is that I build Comeau for Win32 and a slew of errors comes out
when building the date_time and program_options libraries. I think this needs to
be derailed somehow.