From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-01 05:06:32

On 07/25/2005 07:16 PM, Larry Evans wrote:
[snip]
> I can see where this would be useful in forming cross product.
> If, instead of scalar elements in the tuples, the rows of matrix
> M1 and columns of matrix M2 were elements of these tuples, then
> you could simply apply zip_iterator to each of these and then
> multiply each element of that iterator and then accummulate
> that with plus and end up with matrix multiply!

Well, this *may* not be the most efficient method for
implementing matrix multiply ;) My enthusiasm blinded
my common sense. However, I've also got this wild idea
that maybe template metaprogramming could maybe transform
an matrix multiply expression written this way into a
more efficient method. David (Abrahams), does this
seem at all possible? I recall you were considering
some sort of template library dealing with matrices
or linear algebra or something of that sort.