From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-05 22:58:41

From: FlSt_at_[hidden]

> Furthermore I uploaded a new implementation of my junctions calss to the
> sanbox file vault junction/boost_junction_v8.zip and a draft of a
> document which describes the junctions from a mathematical view. (It's
> just a draft and the notation needs to be explained)
> Lambda is removed from the current version, because to many compilers
> don't compile this. I'm using boost::bind instead to change the operands
> order.

I just tried that version tonight. So far, it has taken well
over 30 minutes to compile junction_example.cpp, and it's still
going. That's on a 3 GHz dual Pentium box running SUSE linux
using GCC 3.2.3. By comparison, my test program with my library
takes less than a minute.

Our libraries are doing very nearly the same thing, though I
think there may be a little variation in behavior. Nevertheless,
there is something about your test program and library that
requires enormous resources.

I'll try rewriting my test program to work with your library so
we can compare them a little more fairly. I'll let you know what
I find.