From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-07 15:46:11

Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Aug 7, 2005, at 9:14 AM, David Abrahams wrote:
>> I just realized that Boost.Parameter contains a dependency on
>> boost/python/detail/is_xxx.hpp that I meant to fix before release by
>> moving is_xxx.hpp into boost/detail. I'm certainly willing to wait
>> until after 1.33.0 to fix this, but people complained bitterly about
>> dependencies on boost/python/detail/indirect_traits.hpp before I did
>> the same refactorization there. Doug, what do you think?
>
> I'm guessing that people won't be so bitter about dependencies in the
> Parameter lib because it is new this release. Wasn't the
> indirect_traits issue so problematic because it was introduced into
> several well-established libraries that didn't have dependencies on
> Python headers?

I don't remember. I think it was mainly the iterator library, which
at the time was a total rewrite anyway. It was an issue for linux
packagers who wanted to deliver Boost libraries in separate packages.

> I'm actually building the RC2 archives right now, so I'd prefer to
> leave this change post-1.33.0.

Understandable. I think it's going to cause a problem, but sometimes
that's the way the cookie crumbles.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting