From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-11 09:11:56

Neal Becker wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>

>>Neal Becker wrote:
>>
>>>I'm trying to package up a boost_1_33 RPM.
>>
>>That's great !
>>Some offtopic remark: Are you adding suitable pkg-config
>>(*.pc) files to the packages ? That would be tremendously
>>helpful (in particular if debian packagers would then do
>>the same) !
>>

> No. I don't know anything about this subject. Any hints?

http://pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/wiki

The tool is available on most contemporary POSIX-like
systems. I believe Vladimir plans to add support for it
into boost.build v2. May be he has some suggestions ?

Using pkg-config would make it very easy to configure
third-party software that is to be built with boost.

The scripts in question are small text files defining
variables such as installation paths and compilation
flags to be used when compiling with that package.

Thanks,
                Stefan