From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-14 17:31:46

Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]> writes:

> From: Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]>
>>
>> The big question... Are Boost developers willing to make the
>> guarantee that patch versions, i.e. 1.33.0 to 1.33.1, will be
>> binary compatible?
>
> There are only a few compiled Boost libraries, so the question only
> applies to them, right?

That's an interesting distinction to make. We'd only be guaranteeing
that you can drop in the new library objects and not, if you have a
published API using Boost, that your own binary interface will remain
when you upgrade to the patch version of Boost. I'm not sure we want
to say that, but if we do it that way we'd better be *very* clear
about it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting