From: Peter Petrov (ppetrov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-15 10:21:28

Christopher Kohlhoff wrote:
> Wow! Given the encouraging response both on and off list, I guess I'd
> like to kick things off in turning asio into a serious proposal for
> Boost. I'll post a message in a day or two outlining some of the areas
> where I believe it needs refinement and where it could benefit from
> others' expertise.

Great! Here are some refinement/enhancement ideas:

1. Asynchronous versions of basic_host_resolver::get_host_by_name() and
basic_host_resolver::get_host_by_address().

2. IPv6 support.

3. SSL/TLS support via OpenSSL would be great. Datagram-level security
using DTLS would be even greater, although not so important (OpenSSL
0.9.8 has DTLS support).

Contrary to previous posters, I don't think you have to bother with HTTP
support or examples - it's outside of the scope of this library, and
should be implemented separately (on top of it) by another library.

> Cheers,
> Chris

Peter