From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-19 23:29:13

From: Darren Cook <darren_at_[hidden]>
> Florian wrote:
> > Hmm.. << >> would be look ok for me, because multivalues don´t provide
> > arithmetic operations and they can't be misunderstood in this context.
> > But at all, I don´t like this misuse of operator overloads, ...
>
> I feel the same; none of the proposals are good, and user-defined
> predicates are probably rare enough that the below compare() idea is fine.

I uploaded a new version of multivalues.zip that includes a
test() function. I thought "test" sounded better than "compare"
for general predicate tests:

   if (test(all_of(a), pred(), any_of(b)))...

vs.

   if (compare(all_of(a), pred(), any_of(b)))...

Let me know which you prefer or if you have a better idea.

The ^ operator is still supported until there is some consensus
on another operator or on supporting no operator. Another option
is to provide support for several operators so one can choose
whichever one likes best.