From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-22 05:56:14

On 8/19/05 10:31 AM, "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Daryle Walker <darylew_at_[hidden]> writes:

[SNIP]
>> Besides the caveats, you can just dump all the mandatory source code into
>> your IDE's project file (or make file) and don't worry Boost-Build.
>
> It isn't true. Some libraries need specific compiler/linker options
> on specific platforms.
[SNIP]

Maybe we should consider that (and the separate DLL thing) to be a bug?

> Whatever you think of Boost.Build, I don't see how underkill can work,
> and I don't see how libs/xxx/src/... is much worse than src/xxx/...

If the source files are in one location, it's easier to find out if a *.hpp
file has corresponding source. The user otherwise has to dig through a lot
of directories and/or documentation. (The latter requires figuring out
which documentation corresponds to a header file.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie