From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-30 15:25:28

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
>> "Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> > 3) put the following in the Jamfile:
>> >
>> > compile test1.cpp ;
>> > compile test2.cpp ;
>> > . . .
>>
>> No, follow the formula used in libs/parameter/test/Jamfile
>
> Understood.
>
>> > Also, where is it specified which compilers are supportred?
>>
>> I think status/explicit-failures-markup.xml might be what you're after?
>
> Yes, it seems to be, thanks.
>
> One more question: where are such rules as "compile", "link_fail", etc.,
> defined,

tools/build/v1/testing.jam

> and (even better) are they documented anywhere?

http://www.boost.org/status/compiler_status.html#quick-reference
is the best I can do.

> For example, is it
> possible to do something like this to test both native and emulation mode:
>
> compile -D BOOST_TYPEOF_NATIVE -Name test_native test.cpp
> compile -D BOOST_TYPEOF_COMPLIANT -Name test_emulation test.cpp
>
> (test.cpp is compiled with different defines, the resulting tests have
> distinct names)?
> Or should separate CPP files be defined?

  compile test.cpp : <define>BOOST_TYPEOF_NATIVE : native ;
  compile test.cpp : <define>BOOST_TYPEOF_COMPLIANT : emulation ;

> Will I then have to define expected failures for the compilers that don't
> support the native typeof mode?

I don't know.

> Also, do we need both Jamfile and Jamfile.v2? Which version of build is
> currently used by the regression system?

v1, but it is being obsoleted ASAP. Jamfile.v2 will be called just
Jamfile when that happens, though. Add a Jamfile.v2 as a convenience
for those of use using v2, if you like.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting