From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-31 17:46:32

While investigating test failures with Boost.Foreach, I found this in
Boost.Range's documentation for extending the Range library:

http://boost.org/libs/range/doc/boost_range.html#minimal_interface

This seems to suggest that the only way to extend Boost.Range is for
user-defined types to implement a std-container-like interface, with
nested iterator and const_iterator types, and begin() and end() member
functions. Is this really the intention? I seem to recall some
discussion about a more accomodating extensibility mechanism that makes
allowances for non-std-container-like user-defined range types. In fact,
Boost.Foreach assumes such an interface, with disastrous results. What
became of Boost.Range's extensibility mechanism? Is it documented
anywhere, and I'm just not seeing it?

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting