From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-01 15:04:28

John Maddock schrieb:

>Another query: couldn't we make whether exceptions get swallowed a runtime
>parameter? As in:
>
>if(swallow_exceptions)
>{
> try{ users_thread_proc(); }catch(...){ whatever(); }
>}
>else
> users_thread_proc();

Unfortunately I was posting my first response to the wrong place.

Wouldn't it be a viable alternative to leave out the swallowed
exceptions just
in debug build?
At least the original posters intent (as I understand it) was to get
useful information
propagated to the debugger.
As a pragmatic approach we just could try to run a regression cycle with the
catch-all removed and measure how many modules are failing because of
this. If the outcome shows no big difference the catch-all could be simply
removed.
What do you think? Is this feasible?

Regards,
Roland