From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-05 02:49:20

Christopher Kohlhoff schrieb:

>the boost tss stuff seems to include a lot of code to ensure that the
>newed bool is deleted at the appropriate time. This is unnecessary when
>I just want to store a boolean value - i.e. I just store a null-pointer
>to mean false, a non-null pointer to mean true.

What I mean is this: You also need to take care to call TLSFree at the
correct time. So
this makes no difference. Could it be that the "real" reason indeed also
is to the header only
argument?

>It's very simple, and mostly non-technical: I see having a compiled
>library as an entry barrier to people using my library.

Altough this currently is not a boost philosophy: Do you think prebuilt
binaries could
change this? Besides e.eg. on debian this a non-issue, since you always
simply can
upgrade to the most recent boost lib. (At least this is what I have seen.)

> I want to make
>it as easy as possible for people to get started and use.

But you force the user to longer compile times and the hassle of
precompiled header
manipulation for larger projects, don't you?

Regards,
Roland