From: Lucas Galfaso (lgalfaso_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-07 19:02:58

Hello everybody,
  This is just my opinion on a subject regarding the big integer library
discusion.

  A lot of people are talking about performance, how whatever is proposed
should have the best performance ever and to be able to compete with the
best. That is absurd, is like not having a car and your first car should be
a Ferrari. Did someone _really_ benchmarked BGL? This library is not able to
compete with commercial products and nobody ever asked for this. What about
uBlas, this library has mayor improvement to be made. Some people asked for
benchmarks for the Parameters library that I believe where never made. The
for_each library defines 'extra' variables that are not always used. Does
that mean that those libraries can not be part of Boost?

  It is just too easy to complain and demand excellence from else.

Regard,
  LG