From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-08 16:24:53

"Tomek" <at_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Hi,
>

> Can you add to boost::filesystem namespace class for temporary files
> which will remove file on object destruction ?
>
> I prepared same sample code : http://psycho.pl/pub/src/tmpfile.cc
>
> If you say that this is ok, I will write it using boost library and
> also working on win32.

I'm definitely interested, although the specification is of more interest
than the actual code. I'm particularly interested in resolving any
differences between POSIX and Windows, and avoiding security issues.

It is a bit surprising that this is the first request I can recall for a
temporary file facility. Seems like a natural addition.

--Beman