From: Matt Hurd (matt.hurd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-08 19:29:07

> On 09/09/05, Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On Sep 8, 2005, at 5:45 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to solve the deadlock problem reported here:
> > http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2005/08/92307.php but I've
> > simply run into more and more problems, and just about every
> > operation I've tried will deadlock if you try hard enough.
> >
> > THIS IS NOT GOOD.
>
> So, do we yank read_write_mutex from 1.33.1 and, err, start over?

I think it should be yanked. There will be a new implementation in the rewrite.

I don't really think we should be trying to re-implement r/w mutexes
on platforms that provide them natively at this stage. We should have
a portable mechanism that wraps the posix implementation and try and
provide that on win32 as well.

matt.