From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-13 08:35:28

John Maddock wrote:
>>'wrapper' mode; I don't think we ever supported that anyway, AFAIK.
>
> Then why was <stlport-iostream>off the default, given that that is
> equivalent to wrapper mode?

Oh, I think it would be me not understanding what 'wrapper' mode meant :-)

>>stlport-iostream on by default; No it can't be done without breaking
>>previous usage.
>
> True, but for STLport-5 wrapper mode no longer exists: you always have to
> use and link against STLports iostreams, so the current default of
> <stlport-iostream>off is meaningless.

Well in that case, what we can do is just ignore the <stlport-iostream>
setting entirely for STLport-5. That's easy.

By the way I've been working a bit more on MinGW+STLport and it's
looking like considerably more is supported in this configuration than
we previously thought. I have to run some of the regression tests today,
but it looks like wide char will work, which is what I'm after.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything