From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-13 16:42:51

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Martes, Septiembre 13, 2005 6:10 pm
Asunto: Re: [boost] [serialization] No Reply?

> This is quite interesting to me. Its going to take a little time
> consider with the attention it deserves.
>
> Robert Ramey
>
> JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z wrote:

Hmm... yep, rethinking it, this is superfluous (yet not
circular AFAICS): the validity of these expressions is guaranteed
by the archive concept as you explain in your docs.
Serializability has to be defined in terms of the presence
of the serialize function/memfun, as you're doing now.

I think there's some weak points in my proposal
having to do with the relationship between
"archive association" and "restored copy" --for instance,
a dummy archive wih accepts iar>>t for every t and
simply does nothing would be, according to the
definitions, associated with any output archive, and
this is clearly not what we want. I've got this
thing going round my head, allow me to come back to you
in a few days.

Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo