From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-22 08:00:55

David Crayford ha escrito:

> Thanks Joaquin, actually the z/OS release is 6. I t= ried changing
> __IBMCPP__ to 600 but it screwed the compile.

OK. Well, the following is a slightly more convoluted way to check
whether your compiler is able to cope with Boost, more or less:

1. Globally search "__IBMCPP__" in the codebase (about 100
occurrences) and replace it with, say, BOOST_IBMCPP.
This task should be simple if you're a Unix man.
2. Compile your test code with a compiler switch
defining the macro BOOST_IBMCPP to 600. I think in your case
the compiler switch is
  -DBOOST_IBMCPP=600
3. Shake and serve.

Please report your results back. Thank you!

> I'm new to this list, how do I contact J= ohn Maddock?

He's a regular on this list. If you post a message with a more
focused subject line surely he'll delve in.

> BTW, I'm sorry if my mails are mang= led, it seems to be a problem
> with the lotus notes browser client.

You can use web-based gmane service for posting to the list:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel

Good luck,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo