From: Dan McLeran (dan.mcleran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-22 22:15:04

> let's finally do it - C++ lacks bounded types and it's high time to fix
> that! ;-)

I agree. I had been programming in C++ for a number of years before I was
introduced to Ada. I loved the strict typing one can do in Ada and I would
like to have at least some of these facilities in C++ as well (since that is
what I use every day). I will certainly check out what you've posted
(bounded types). One thing to keep in mind as we move forward with this is
that, IMO, we need to support as much compile-time computation as much as
possible. One thing I am struggling with is how to support both bounded
floating-point types, but as the same time, have a bounded types template be
able to be used from boost::mpl for compile-time computation.

Regards,

Dan McLeran