From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-24 18:27:30

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2005, at 2:31 PM, Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Do we have any timetable for 1.33.1?
>
> I wrote on the main Boost web page that we were hoping to have a beta
> ready by September 30th... I'd still like to, but we have a lot of
> failures to address, still.
>
>> Will Bryant just pointed out a memory leak in Iostreams, and I'd
>> like to post an
>> Iostreams patch if 1.33.1 will not be ready reasonably soon.
>
> I consider this serious enough that it should go into 1.33.1.
>
>> One more thing: before there was talk of 1.33.1, I prepared a patch
>> for 1.33 to
>> fix some minor stuff, but had trouble generating a single patch
>> that worked for
>> all the sourceforge 1.33 archives.
>>
>> Should it be necessary to post several patches, or was I doing
>> something wrong?
>
> That's odd, since they should all be the same. Was it a problem with
> line endings, perhaps?

That's what it seems to be. For example, the file
boost/detail/utf8_codecvt_facet.hpp has unix line-endings in the tar.gz archive,
but DOS line-endings in the zip archive. I guess this happened for some
iostreams files, too. The .tar.gz archive is a few k smaller than the .zip
archive.

--
Jonathan Turkanis
www.kangaroologic.com