From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-28 11:06:00

David Abrahams wrote:
> Martin Wille writes:

[...]
>>The code apparently looks for something that resides somewhere in the
>>guts of Boost.Build. Isn't that location specified by BOOST_BUILD_PATH
>>if that variable is set?
>

> It's pointed at by your boost-build.jam file.
>

>>What happens if you install BBv2 at some place unrelated to BOOST_ROOT?
>

> Your boost-build.jam file still needs to point at the BBv2 root
> directory, and in that case it just works. BOOST_BUILD_PATH is merely
> for adding your own modules to the build system, should you so desire.

I must have misunderstood the BBv2 installation instructions then when I
read

   When bjam is invoked, it always needs to be able to find the
   Boost.Build root directory, where the interpreted source code of
   Boost.Build is located. There are two ways to tell bjam about the
   root directory:

     * Set the environment variable BOOST_BUILD_PATH to the absolute
       path of the Boost.Build root directory.

(The second way is using boost-build.jam as you wrote)

Regards,