From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 11:24:54

From: "Asger Mangaard" <tmb_at_[hidden]>

> So how does this work? Should I now post my library in the vault for peer
> reviews, or?

You get to choose how to proceed.

You could fully document it and upload what you think is the
finished product and see what folks think. Writing documentation
is often a terrific way to see whether your design is as nice as
you thought. (If it's hard to explain, then there's something
wrong unless it is simply a complicated subject.) This offers
those interested in your library the benefit of reading
documentation rather than reverse engineering usage from the
implementation. The disadvantage is you spend time writing a lot
of documentation that might need to be rewritten should you have
to redesign the library.

Another approach is to just upload your code as is and hope
someone will look at it, figure out how it works, and provide
feedback. The disadvantage is that folks are somewhat less
likely to look without documentation explaining it.

You can even create some documentation in the form of a README
that gives some rudimentary information.

In any case, you need to flesh out your design, including finding
appropriate use cases and validating your design against them.