From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 12:15:03

Bo Persson wrote:
> "Adam Badura" <abadura_at_[hidden]> skrev i meddelandet
>
>> Obviously we have here some who want to UI to be identical on all
>>platforms (count me here) and some who want it to be identical with
>>actual
>>plaform.
>

> Why do you want that?
>
> When I run several programs on Windows, I want them to behave like
> Windows programs, not like C++ programs. Why would I want the
> interfaces to depend on the language the programs are written in?

As far as I understand the question is not how to give the GUI a
typical 'C++' brand (or 'boost' for that matter), but to be uniform
across all platforms.
In other words, the power to style the application should be given
to the application developer, not the underlaying OS.

(As some have noted it is even better if that styling power can be
shifted even closer to the user as is done e.g. with Qt, but not
relying on any 'native' style is certainly a first step.)

Regards,
                Stefan