From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-30 12:52:39

Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Here's a wacky thought: can we turn boost-sandbox into CBAN
> (the Comprehensive Boost Archive Network), and cherry-pick the best
> libraries from CBAN for inclusion in boost? If anybody could make
> something like this fly, it's boost. We'd need to look closely at the
> CPAN model to find out why it's successful.

I'd really like to see something like that.

I think it would also help if Boost moderators (and maybe those with
accepted libraries) could nominate or comment on libraries, separately
from those comments from the general public. A simple note like "this
is an important problem space where we need a good solution," or "code
quality seems excellent; the documentation needs work before review"
from someone perceived to have influence in the review process might
serve as useful encouragement.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting