From: Alan Gutierrez (alan-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-02 12:07:50

* David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> [2005-10-01 18:26]:
> Alan Gutierrez <alan-boost_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Is there any interest?
>
> Daniel Wallin and I have a project -- called langbinding -- to produce
> a unified binding engine that works for any number of interpreted
> languages. If you are thinking about doing something similar to
> Boost.Python, please consider working with the code we've already
> written and following through on our intent there.

David

Of course.

Where can I get the source?

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/boost/langbinding/

The files are empty there.

It may sound naive, since this is what CORBA was all about, but I'd
like to be able to provide an interface that allows C++ to call
scripted objects in a C++ way (what ever that is).

I'm imagining that there would have to be an interface to setup a
context, retrieve a context, provide callbacks or observers, how
would you call into a functional programming language, etc.

I'm not leafing through the July CUJ and there's:

http://www.noodleglue.org/noodleglue/noodleglue.html - Java
And EPerl but the link is jumping out at me.

Which is why I thought that a language specific binding was the way
to go. I only want Ruby today. Since I feel you need to know
something about a scripted language to make the most of it.

Maybe that's not necessary, or desireable. Most langauges do useful
things form the constrained interface of the command line.

Actually, ignore all that, I'm getting ahead of myself.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan_at_[hidden] - http://engrm.com/blogometer/