From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-02 19:00:46

On 10/02/2005 06:13 PM, Reece Dunn wrote:
> Reece Dunn wrote:
[snip]
> static const int first_name = 0;
> static const int second_name = 1;
> static const int age = 2;
>
> But see the discussion about people::first_name = 2 and
> customer::first_name = 3.
Are you referring to:

?
I'm unsure because there, instead of people, there was
products, and instead of customer, there was customers
and also some other minor differences.

[snip]
> sql::select( ... ) would create a tuple -> tuple mapping
> that defines the result type. This would define an
> sql::table<> type.

OK. Now I *think* I'm beginning to understand your
reluctance to use macros. The macro method can
be used to create the original table with meaningful
row names:

   struct mytable
   { std::string first_name
   ; int social_security_number
   ;};

but, obviously, there's no way to specify the
tuple -> tuple mapping mentioned above
using a macro, AFAICT.