From: Asger Mangaard (tmb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-04 08:14:57

> Caleb Epstein wrote:
> I don't really see how this implements the pimpl idiom. There is no method
> forwarding in the wrapper class, so In order for users to invoke methods,
> the pimpl's interface must be publicly exposed. This seems to me to run
> contrary to the enitre reason for pimpls in the first place.

The pimpl idiom hides the implementation of a given class/struct and all
including members from your hpp file. This decreases the compile times
greatly. It then relies on the actual implementation to be inside the cpp
file. Just like in the 'testsuite' example that's included with the zip
file.

Isn't this excatly what the pimpl idiom does?

Regards,
Asger Mangaard