From: Asger Mangaard (tmb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-04 13:27:08

> John wrote:
> The trouble is pimpl's are normally idioms not libraries (because you have
> to write all the forwarding functions by hand). If I understand what
> you're
> doing here correctly, your pimple class is really just another smart
> pointer, but with deep copy semantics.

It's simple indeed, that's the intention. However, it does provide all
advantages of the original idiom, plus more (automatically memory
management, copy-by-value, most often no need for con/destructors). I know
that have helped me a lot, that's why I'm suggestion its inclusion in
boost.

Regards,
Asger Mangaard