From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-05 13:34:39

On 10/5/05, Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "Andreas Pokorny" <andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
> > On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 09:17:18AM -0400, Arkadiy Vertleyb
> <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > The most important part for a library like that, is the ability to have
> > the table stored in a file, and only partially mapped into memory. So
>
> It's important, but I wouldn't say "most important". For many tasks having
> the ability to serialize tables should be enough.

Serialize tables is nice and many memory-based apps can benefit but for most
databases persistence is a must.

I agree with previous statement that persistence is the top priority. RML
has tackled this
with a separate persist library that provides the persistent STL containers.
Also shmem I think provides
persistent stl containers using mmap files (persist library even has
benchmarks comparing to mysql)