From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-06 14:22:47

John Maddock wrote:

> > This report lists all regression test failures on release platforms.
>
> We really need to get 1.33.1 out the door, but this list of
> regressions seems to be getting worse not better. Is there
> anything that can be done to improve things? Any library
> authors stuck for ideas and need assistance?

I have not changed anything lately in the Wave library what could have
caused the regressions.

> |wave|
> test_re2c_lexer: cw-9_4
> test_slex_lexer: cw-9_4
> testwave: cw-9_4 gcc-3.4.4-linux gcc-3_4_3-sunos gcc-4.0.1-linux

The cw-9_4 errors are compiler problems, which sometimes seem to occur,
sometimes not. I've already contacted Stefan Slapeta, but he wasn't able to
figure out what's going on there.

The gcc-3_4_3-sunos problem seems to be a test system problem on the target
machine (look at the logs here: http://tinyurl.com/d9ees, there are bogus
entries consisting out of lots of '?'...).

The gcc-3.4.4-linux and gcc-4.0.1-linux errors are new to me and I have to
investigate it further.

Regards Hartmut