From: Keith McNeill (mcneill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-06 15:21:51

We are trying to upgrade from boost 1.31 (+ compaitable serialization)
to boost v1.33. We have one particular test that is failing with what
looks like serialization deserialing a bad pointer. In particular the
bad pointer is the 3rd instance reference of a particular object. The
1st & 2nd deserialize fine the 3rd is bogus.

This is code that works fine on 1.31 both binary & text mode. It works
in 1.33 text mode, but fails in 1.33 binary mode.

What is the best way to debug this problem? Is there anyway to inspect
the binary archive to printout the contents...at least the
pointers/addresses contained in the archive?

I haven't been able to get it down to a simple test case (it is part of
a large system). I could send out the binary and text archive if that
would help.

This is using g++ 3.3.4 on FC3 (32bit) & Also 3.3.4 on Red Hat
Enterprise v3 on a 64bit platform.

Keith

mcneill_at_[hidden]