From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-07 06:23:31

"Stefan Seefeld" <seefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote

> Thus, the challenge is to find a way that allows us to develop
> new GUIs in the spirit of Fresco, as well as wrap well established
> GUIs, and have both be accessible through the same API.

A low-level platform-independent API is a primary requirement. Whether it is
possible to move beyond the wxWidgets and GTK API's is another matter.

I guess you'd agree that it would be difficult to realise anything like Fresco
in a platform independent way? For instance I believe that a top level glyph in
Fresco can have an arbitrary shape, whereas in Windows you are limited to a
"Region" made of rectangles and ellipses. IOW in Fresco you have the luxury of
owning the screen.

BTW "Glyph" might be a good name for the project!

regards
Andy Little