From: Richard Jennings (richard.jennings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-07 08:16:31

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:31:25 +0100, Asger Mangaard
<tmb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've uploaded an updated version.

I've had a look at pimpl.zip in the root of the sandbox just now, and
having read the foregoing discussions, I am still confused how this
implements a pimpl.

According to "Exceptional C++" there are four common pimpl implementation
types:
" 1. All private data (but not functions) go in the impl
  2. Put all private members into impl
  3. Put all private and protected members into impl
  4. Make pimpl entirely the class that impl would have been, and write
pimpl as only the public interface made up entirely of simple forwarding
functions (a handle/body variant)"

(It states that number 3 is "wrong".)

In variants 1 and 2 pimpl has the public and protected methods in it and
their implementation. In variant 4 pimpl has forwarding functions. How
do I add member functions and their implementation to your pimpl class?

Richard