From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-09 17:35:52

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 15:17:27 -0700, Geoffrey Romer wrote
> Would there be any interest in a library for attaching units
> (physical or otherwise) to numeric variables, so that the type
> system could enforce dimension- and unit-consistency in all
> calculations, and convert semi-automatically between compatible units?

There is certainly interest. Andy Little has worked on this for quite some time:

http://www.servocomm.freeserve.co.uk/Cpp/physical_quantity/index.html

This is one of the items on the C++ standardization wishlist as well...

Unfortunately last I know Andy has officially 'given up' on making a library.
 Maybe you and others can help change his mind or work with him to bring
something forward ;-)

Jeff