From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 13:19:27

John Maddock wrote:
>>What do you think about having a macro to disable the extensions? Am I
>>right in thinking that your main concern is that the extensions are in
>>Boost.TR1?
>

> I'm not sure that would work unfortunately: if I have one library that uses
> the TR1 <functional> and another that uses <boost/functional/hash.hpp> and
> then include both libraries in my code, will they both work? Which
> "version" of the hash lib do I get?

The extensions would only be disabled if the user defines the macro, I
don't think they should be disabled by default. If you're worried about
ODR conflicts they can easily be avoided. The only cost is that the
class is now specialized for the types mentioned in TR1, instead of just
having a single definition.

Daniel