From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-13 11:40:30

Daryle Walker <darylew_at_[hidden]> writes:

> [Yes, I'm way behind on my reading.]
>
> On 9/30/05 1:36 PM, "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> "David Abrahams" wrote
>>>
> [SNIP]
>>>
>>> Then why do you need to download the whole collection?
>>
>> Because that's the way it is.

>>> Then why is it not available at the website? You still have to download the
>>> complete libraries.
>>
>> Because that's the way it is. Are these questions relevant to what
>> should go in the What is Boost section, or are you just asking me?
> [TRUNCATE]
>
> "That's the way it is" is a useless tautological response. Maybe a full
> explanation would help Andy more.

I sure don't think Andy was looking for help; his post seemed to be a
critique of my suggested web content. Those questions seemed to
challenge the validity of the bullet points I was suggesting. I was
trying to document the status quo, and "that's the way it is" was the
best way I could find to express it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting