From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-16 21:29:34

Rene Rivera wrote:
> After reading up on past discussions about what people want from a set
> of standard macros for compiler identification, I put together a wiki
> page with past information on the subject and my ideas as to what the
> consensus is. And basic proposal based on the ideas:
>
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostConfig

Thanks for putting in the work. It's about time we made some progress on this
issue.

Generally, I like it. I'll look at it more later, but for now my only comment is
that there needs to be another digit reserved for the patch version. For
example, my VC7.1 installation has _MSC_FULL_VER 13103077, which it seems
natural to break down as 13, 10, 3077.

--
Jonathan Turkanis
www.kangaroologic.com