From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-17 10:19:53

Sorry, I forgot to mention that your query was 6 seconds on my x86_64 3Gb
box

I didn't want to compare any results yet because geographical queries really
need special
auxiliary coding, e.g. like building a cities worldmap before actually
running the queries.

So once I have your updated code I will run both on identical setting.

Calum's is the code author so I am sure he'll post that but I propose the
solutions are coded separately so that the best ideas come up and then after
the benchmark the code is distributed for further analysis, otherwise we
have some bias in the benchmark. I just wanted to bring up the worldmap
optimization so that the relational benchmarks can be compared on equal
terms

I will email you directly some of my own optimization ideas as I have not
yet looked in detail at calum's code