From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-02 04:14:13

"Scott Woods" wrote

> Symmetric interaction between groups of peer objects
> is a different model of operation. Any object can "call"
> any other object and there is no "return" (i.e. future). Most
> of my async-programming problems seem to fall into the
> latter category.

I'm certainly no expert in threads, but I'm fascinated by the idea of 'symmetric
interaction'. Do you have a short example of symmetric interaction ***Only***
?( without any other structure to the system). I ask because it sounds like a
recipe for chaos. Surely in any practical system, there must be a
higher level of organisation than this?

regards
Andy Little