From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-02 07:31:20

"Bronek Kozicki" <brok_at_[hidden]> writes:

> There is single error at http://tinyurl.com/9u6nd :
>
> use_ansi.h(49) : fatal error C1189: #error : You have included some
> C++/C library header files with _DEBUG defined and some with _DEBUG not
> defined. This will not work correctly. Please have _DEBUG set or clear
> consistently.
>
> ... which renders whole Boost.Python unusable under vc8.

Strange; the latest Beta I have is working fine for me.

> It looks as if parts of the library were build with DEBUG macro set,
> and other parts without it (which might lead to ODR violation). I do
> not know if this is jamfile problem or something else. Compiler
> being used is RTM version.

It is probably not a problem at all, technically. See
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html#variants.

On the other hand, I don't know what to do to suppress the error.
And since Microsoft hasn't sent me the VS 2005 release, I can't test
Boost against it :(

> Dave, do you need help tracing the problem?

I guess so.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting