From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-02 08:08:11

Daryle Walker wrote:
> On 10/31/05 10:44 PM, "Stefan Seefeld" <seefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
>
>>Here are some highlights:
>>
>>* User access dom nodes as <>_ptr objects. All memory management is
>> hidden, and only requires the document itself to be managed.
>

> I hope there's support for custom allocators somewhere in there. (Maybe
> indirectly through the string type's allocator.)

Not really, as the backend does the memory allocation. Here again, as
with the internal character encoding: would we impose any fine-grained
user control on these implementation policies, we would reduce the set
of potential backends considerably.
(libxml2 lets 'users' define their own memory (de)allocators, but that
is a configuration choice, and I'm not sure whether we want to bind
so tightly to that.)

Regards,
                Stefan